While the wave of advertising digitally is showing no signs of crashing, moving to an entirely digital campaign isn't necessarily the best move for everyone. As a digital advertising agency, it's not easy to say - but it's the truth.
For many, a mix of digital and traditional is the best cocktail for success.
The way to discern what sort of strategy you should be building for you business is to consider these questions:
Will you lose your mass awareness if you stop all traditional advertising?
Is your website capable of supporting a complete digital switch?
Are you buying the right digital media that is actually generating high quality, converting leads?
Many of our clients maintain a mixture of both “new” & “old” media, while others have made the move to 100% digital.
That, however, didn’t happen overnight.
The Pros of a 100% Digital Strategy:
- Gives you the power to increase leads, phone calls & foot traffic without having to spend more to get more.
- Highly specific targeting options.
- Puts YOU in control; less dependent on third party lead providers.
- Lets you personalize your messaging to individuals based off of their online behaviors.
- Allows you to reach consumers more often and at a lower cost.
- Faster launch times to market.
- Better tracking and cost per performance than traditional.
- More effective way of developing brand awareness & identity.
- Ability to change or stop campaigns at the drop of a hat.
- Power to penetrate specific regions for less budget & at a faster rate.
The Cons of a 100% Digital Strategy:
- Advertising costs are increasing on Adwords.
- Website must be optimized to convert online shoppers.
- Lead handling processes & team must be well trained and capable of responding to your digital leads.
- Sales managers and staff must learn how to communicate off the showroom floor, via email, text & phone.
Most of the drawbacks to running a digital strategy aren’t really drawbacks at all; they’re opportunities to improve your business and create accountability within your sales staff.
It’s all about figuring out what media mix will work best for you dealership, and creating the environment where it can work sustainably for your business.
After not seeing the success they’d hoped for, our client Leduc Hyundai trusted us with moving their entire advertising budget to Facebook.
Through powerful brand-awareness campaigns and the use of lead ads for their new and used inventory, the dealership's analytics proved it was the right move for them.
The auto dealership switched its advertising budget to Facebook, from paid search and other digital platforms, nearly tripling its website conversions and boosting sales by 32%
Increase in website conversions
Increase in website visitiors
Increase in sales
"When Potratz analyzed the ineffectiveness and our cost of other advertising platforms, they recommended we move to Facebook. We saw value advertising on the platform, with the ability to choose placements and targeting. The significance of moving from paid search to Facebook speaks for itself in our sales numbers!"
Greg Rempel, Dealer Principal, Leduc Hyundai